Business901 Book Specials from other authors on Amazon

Saturday, February 9, 2008

I think I get it?

Listening to John Jantsch discuss Social Networking for the past 3-months, I have struggled to see the purpose and value of spending time there. John has been quite upfront about it and admits that he is not sure of the “Exact Why” either. He has just told me to be there because what he is certain about is that it is going to lead to something.

But now I think I get it! My wife and I were discussing a new vendor the other day for her Home Furnishing store. We may have not been communicating well, the eldest boy in the house, is taking a management class at the present time and hearing our discussion volunteered to get his notes on decision making and show them to us. We decided to include him in the conversation, so we would not have to be lectured on “Decision Making.” We are adults. We moved on in discussion and he said why don’t you just go to the internet and research them. That is when I got it!

He was not talking about their website, he was not talking about Wall Street, and he was simply talking about asking? He was going to a social community, asking about product and looking for that now ancient word “Buzz.” That’s right Internet “Buzz.”

But it really struck me; go to the Internet for truth, for validation. This is where we build our reputation now. And not just with twenty year olds. You must remember that the fastest growing segment of the gaming industry is the older crowd.

Another item worth note is that in the last week I have 3 well known “Internet Guru’s” promoting social networking in their e-zines. I am glad that I am with the guy that I am, John Jantsch, he was doing it months ago and all 3 e-zines looked like it was John’s stuff from 3 months ago.

No comments: