Business901 Book Specials from other authors on Amazon

Friday, January 4, 2013

Beyond Lean is Real Life - Real Lean

I am honored once again to be part of John Hunter’s Curious Cat Management Improvement Blog Carnival. The roundup is a review of blogs by other bloggers within the Lean community. John is one of the pioneers in using internet technology and using it to improve organizational performance in a way to get results. I encourage you to browse his site. It is littered with information and few aspects of continuous improvement cannot be found there.

I have the pleasure of reviewing Beyond Lean hosted by Matt Wyre and Joe Wilson. They are avid Lean practitioners with a wide breadth of industry experience. You will find most of their posts less than 500 words written with practical examples. They also mix in an occasional guest post. When I visit the blog, seldom do I leave without having new thoughts generated. A list of a few recent blog posts:

Most bloggers, including myself have a tendency to write about good things or new applications. When you are reading, it seems that everything works. I often think, I am the only one that has problems in making Lean work.

Beyond Lean

The Beyond Lean blog reflects on real-life Lean solutions to everyday business challenges. What I like most of all the authors freely admit their shortcomings and the trial and tribulations that they have in practicing Lean. I always believe we learn from problems, but few are willing to share problems that they encounter. However, I have found people that feel comfortable having these types of discussions are the ones that are more often than not, the most knowledgeable of their craft. It is these types of examples that stay with us and we learn the most from.

I would encourage you to read Beyond Lean to experience Real Life and Real Lean!

Matt was my guest on the Business901 podcast, Developing a Learning A3. earlier this this year. During the podcast, I uncovered that both Matt and Joe are certified Shainin Red X Journeyman. If you are not familiar with Shainan, don’t feel alone. Shainin is probably one of the least known structured problem solving methodology. It has always intrigued me because of its approach of focusing on the Effect to find the Cause (Y to X) versus the traditional X to Y. A brief audio about Shainin can be found in this blog post, Using Desired Effects to find Root Cause.

No comments: