Business901 Book Specials from other authors on Amazon

Sunday, July 6, 2008

How Do You Track It All?

Great quck read on managing it all if you pull 1 idea from the minute it takes you to read it, well you maybe saving a day in your life! There is more than this so click through.

I got an interesting email from Kevin Behringer from the Fly-Over Marketing Blog:

"I was listening to SPOS 110 and your point about a system to manage content and ideas really tied into a question I had for Foreword Thinking.

How do you manage it all?!?

You read a lot of books, blogs, etc. How do you record it all or track it to actually use it? One of the things I'm struggling with right now."

The truth is, I think we're all struggling with this. So, in the spirit of sharing and me wanting to learn more about how others track everything as well, I thought I would answer, but then also tag some people I know (and others who I have never met, but would be interested in learning how they handle, manage and track this vast land of information) and hope that they Blog about this topic on their own spaces and share it with their readers.

For Web-based content (like Blogs, newsfeeds, etc...) I swear by Google Reader. For tracking purposes, I'll either use the "Add star" button for

Overall, I don't record or track anything with the intent of keeping it around forever. I think that specific philosophy makes it all easier. Odds are if I saved, tracked, tagged or recorded something for future use and I have not used it after a couple of weeks, I'm comfortable purging it entirely.

No comments: