Business901 Book Specials from other authors on Amazon

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Top 5 corporate blogging mistakes and how to avoid them

Like many of you, I regularly follow a bunch of business-related blogs and check out dozens of others each week. Most of the new ones I check out have no value (for me) so I never return. I've been thinking about why I choose to pay attention to a blog vs. just cruise by after a quick check.

I've come up with my top 5 corporate blogging mistakes. These are the mistakes that I see again and again.

1. Start a blog without first following other similar blogs (and commenting on them)

2. Write excessively about their company's products and services

3. Focus on one-way propaganda and don't involve other blogs and bloggers

4. Accept all the defaults in the blogging software package

5. Fail to realize the importance of the "About" page.

Read David's entire post here: Web Ink Now, and written by David Meerman Scott.

No comments: