Business901 Book Specials from other authors on Amazon

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Steroid vs. a plan?

In the last year some of the top athletes in their sport were Marion Jones, Justin Gatlin, Chris Benoit, Roger Clemens, Shawne Merriman, Rodney Harrison, etc. The 1990's saw baseball popularity skyrocket with Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, Barry Bonds chasing the home run records. The list can go on and on. It's all old news but we still support steroid use. Think of the return of the America Gladiator! -derived from Athletes Acceleration ezine
But luckily, us in business know better. Case in point, best selling books on Amazon, 4-hour Workweek & The Secret to mention a few, may be our steroid. But as I read the Staples Survey, a previous blog on the amount of time we work, what are we chasing? Is the "Idea of the Week" our steroid for a quick fix?
As a coach/consultant, this is disturbing and frustrating, but it also motivates me. I need to work harder to get the message across to my clients. There is no instant success or any shortcuts. It takes hard work and clients that trust you. It takes me practicing what I preach. My first hand knowledge demonstrates to my customer that I know what I am talking about. Been there, done that is not a 2nd hand term. I need to work on my MARKETING PLAN A BIT MORE!
SEE YA!

No comments: